Saturday, October 16, 2010

Winners for Challenge #19- Jaydee's Colour Challenge

Hi Everyone!

WOW! You guys really showed us what a wonderful color combination this is - and how versatile. We all had such fun visiting each of your cards. Each of the submissions had something that attracted our attention, and it was very tough again to decide the winners this week. In fact, I visited one blog and thought - OK. This is the headliner. I then visited the next blog and thought... OK. So THIS is the headliner. Then I went to another blog and another one... in the end I was ready to declare you all Headliners - but Lesley brought me back to earth and told me that I had to choose one. Before we get to the headliner though, I'd like to congratulate our CUT ABOVE's this week. Their work was fabulous. Please pop along to their blogs and share a little love :-)

Here are the DT choices.

LeAnne's Choice: Robbie Rubala

I chose this card from Robbie! The sketch is very pretty, but I really loved the delicate images....always wanted this set, but never got it! The border is beautiful as well...and she stamped nicely on the inside to make her card even more special!


Ann' Choice: Marlene Peters


Marlene's card was absolutely fabulous! I loved the square shape, the music DSP, and the sponged edges! And just when you think it couldn't get better...we have "bling" and an extra special ribbon treatment! Wowzer!

Lesley's Choice: Stephanie Uzee

I loved this Clean and Simple beauty that Stephanie made!  The colours work perfectly with the layout and the stamp set.  I love the way she used the Two Tags Die and the vintage brad. I am also in love with that skinny ribbon and it looks terrific here on this card!  Congrats Stephanie!! 

Nance's pick: Christina MacLaren

I love Christina's fresh, fun and modern take on this week's colors.  All the white space is stunning--and admirable(!)--and I love those funky red trees and the sparkly hills of snow.  Definitely, a cut above!  Fabulous job, Christina!


I can tell you, you all made it really tough. In the end I went with Anne Marie's Contempo Card. It would have been so easy to lose the contempo decoration amongst the details in this card, but Anne Marie's treatment of it - popping it, leaving so much white around it, the bling - all made it stand out. However, she also tied each of those elements into the background papers - the repetition of the ribbon and the ribbon above the decoration. Congratulations, Anne Marie. You are our Headliner this week.


Congrats to all of our winners this week!  Please be sure to grab your Winners Buttons from the left hand sidebar of the blog.  Tomorrow we will have a brand new challenge for you with a Sketch Challenge.  Enjoy your Saturday!!  Thank you again to all you Players who join us each week!  We LOVE to see your wonderful ideas and projects!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much, Jaydee! Talk about a "day-maker", this made me smile! :) Congrats to everyone on their picks. There were so many gorgeous cards this week with this beautiful color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful cards ladies, well done all of you. hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much to Nance for selecting my card this week! It's such an honor to see it featured with so many fantastic creations!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!