Wednesday, December 13, 2017

There is still time to play in Challenge #374: Claire's Colour Challenge & 2018 Guest Designer Announcement


It's Joanne here to remind you that there is still time to play in Challenge #374: Claire's Colour Challenge. To see the original post and to view the Design Team's inspiration cards, click HERESo if you'd like a break from those festive chores, why not take some time out to get crafty - we can't wait to see what you create! This challenge ends Friday, December 15th at Noon, PST.

Having said goodbye to the lovely Deanne who has been a guest designer with us for 2017 last Sunday, today I also have the pleasure of introducing our team of guest designers for 2018.

We are delighted that two of our existing guest designers who joined us in July, Jan Clothier and Annie Abrahamson, have decided to stay on for a further 6 months. This talented pair will be joined by the lovely Eliz Stewart, another regular participant in our weekly challenges, for the first six months of 2018. All three of these ladies are outstanding design talents and we are thrilled that they have agreed to work with us and inspire you with their creative takes on our challenge each week. In their own words, here's a little more information about each of them to help you get to know them better:




Hi, I am ElizStewart online and Elizabeth to all my friends and family! I am thrilled to be joining Paper Players for the next six months.  I live on the Treasure Coast of Florida with my beloved golden doodle, Quinn.  

I have been making cards for over 20 years. My card making addiction started with a visit to the design studios of Hallmark.  I was mesmerized.  Over time my passion and crafting space has just continued to grow. 

My cards tend to swing toward clean and simple but I have found since I started joining challenges that I am experimenting more with other styles.  There are just so many amazing cardmakers offering inspiration in our crafty world.

Unfortunately card making is only a weekend hobby, during the week I work long hours as a global research director for a biotech. But come Friday night, I am always thinking it is time to get inky!

I hope my cards spark something in you.  I so look forward to hearing from and meeting you! 






Hello!  My friends call me Annie and I am beyond thrilled to join this talented group of designers for The Paper Players as a guest designer.

I hail from the Pacific Northwest and I have one grown son that I am so proud of every day.  I’m also Grandma to a brilliant and handsome little guy.  I absolutely love it when he visits “The Land of Yes!”  Last but not least, I have four rescued fur kids that are always hanging out in "The Dog House" ready to help.  

After retirement, I went back to my crafty roots.  Card making quickly became my favorite hobby when a dear friend sent me a beautiful handmade card a few years ago.  I was hooked and have been playing with paper ever since - enjoying retirement one card at a time!  I make cards for family, friends, senior assisted living facilities and non-profit organizations.

Let's Play! 




Hello everyone, I'm Jan and I live in the North Island of New Zealand with my husband of 35 years.  My three fabulous children have left home.

By day, I'm a teacher-librarian at a secondary school but nights and weekends, I'm a card-maker and scrapbooker.  I discovered card-making and the world of online challenges three years ago when I was off work with a leg injury and I've been addicted ever since.

I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator nearly two years ago and I'm enjoying the extra challenge of running classes and sharing my work with others.

I am so delighted to be joining The Paper Players as a Guest Designer as this challenge has always been one of my favourites. It was actually the first challenge I was ever brave enough to enter and the first where I got a mention, so it's extra special to me.


I’m looking forward to seeing the wonderful creations that will grace the gallery in the upcoming challenges and being able to participate in the challenge from the other side!


Aren't they a great bunch?! We are very much looking forward to working with you in the new year.

Remember there is still time to play in Challenge #374: Claire's Colour Challenge. To see the original post and to view the Design Team's inspiration cards, click HERE. This challenge ends Friday, December 15th at Noon, PST.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Elizabeth, Annie, and Jan! I look forward to their contributions to the team!! Happy Holiday hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!