Saturday, January 29, 2011

Paper Players Challenge # 31 Winners

Thank you to everyone who played along with our Sketch Challenge this week. There were so many fabulous cards, and so much variety and creativity! You continue to amaze us every week. Plus we would like to welcome those who were new to our challenge. We hope you will join us again! Before we get to our Headliner, let's check out the Design Team's choices for A Cut Above:

It was a really hard decision for me this week. There were so many amazing and creative cards. I kept going through all the thumbnails thinking I had made up my mind. Something about Lilith's card just kept calling me back again and again. I love all the background detail. The creative elements used for the circular details from the sketch. The lace, the color scheme, the distressing. As the sentiment said - "you make me laugh" and this card certainly did. All round, fabulous. Congrats Lilith.


Nance's choice: Julie B

Anyone who knows me knows I love birds--I think I have every bird stamp SU makes! So, right away I was drawn to the lovely bird Julie used. But what drew me in is all her little details--the birdcage background, the pearls, the crochet trim, the layering, the distressing and I love the sentiment stamped on it's side! She flipped the sketch and the sentiment and I flipped for this card! Congratulations Julie!

LeAnne's choice - Linda Callahan

This card caught my eye immediately with its deep rich colors, strikingly-colored image and the lace trim. I also like the different shape of the sentiment tab--a fun little surprise on an elegant card. It's just lovely all around! Congrats, Linda!


Julie's Choice- Carrie Gaskin

I love the colors, texture, ribbon and those little purses on Carrie's card! And to find out that she used the new cupcake punch to create them- what a great idea! The black and pink color combination has always been one of my favorites- it is so striking! Congratulations Carrie!

Lesley's Choice-Miriam

I chose Miriam's card because of the beautiful butterflies and the colours. She used the sketch so well I thought, with the hand cut butterfly and the layering. I loved the Designer Paper and the embossed panel. Such a pretty card, it caught my eye right away! Congratulations Miriam.

And now to our Headliner!

Ann's Choice - Krystal

Krystal's card is all about the details! From the adorable owl to the textured heart, what we have is a feast for the eyes! I love how she layered the pink taffeta ribbon over the wide striped grosgrain. Of course, the brads are the perfect touch! A wonderful take on the sketch! Congratulations, Krystal, on being our Headliner this week!

Congratulations to all of our Winners this week! Please grab your winner's badge for your blog from the left sidebar.

Tomorrow we are all excited to share our first BLOG HOP with you! There will be some prizes and lots of fun, so please be sure to visit us on Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Congrat's to all the winners the cards are great. You certainly picked the right "Headliner", I love the owl of course and the creative idea to have the heart peeking out from the side. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies for the shout out! I had such fun making that purse card and I'm thrilled to see you've enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am delighted to be in such good company! Thanks so much for those sweet words LeAnne! It's always fun hangin' out with the players :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!! Thanks so mcuh for choosing my card as the headliner!!! What an honor to be surrounded by so many talented stampers. You made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for choosing my card as a winner!! I was really inspired because I loved the layout design so much! I have a BIG smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous picks! Congratulations, ladies, your cards are magnificent! :o)

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!