Sunday, December 12, 2010

Colour Challenge PP28---Your Favourite Colour Combination

'Tis the season to be jolly, and The Paper Players are celebrating the holiday season by inviting back our wonderful and talented Guest Designers from the past 6 months! Last week we welcomed back Jeanne Kupsh, Marlene Peters and Anne Marie Hile. We are so pleased that they will be joining us again for this week's fun challenge!

Since this is such a busy time of year, this week's challenge is an easy one! It is “Your Favourite Colour Combination”. Simply choose a favourite colour combination for a specific type of card. For example…you might love Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler for Christmas Cards. Or you might like Navy and White for a sympathy card. The sky is the limit! All we ask is that you share a new creation.


Let's see what the Design Team is endorsing as their favourite colour combinations:

For friendship cards, I love using my favorite color - yellow! Here is shown More Mustard, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron. Another favorite is using both kinds of embossing together and making a monochromatic card.

I have SO many favorite color combinations, I was stumped as to how I could pick just one! But for the holidays, I think gold and silver are so pretty---glitz and bling and shimmer! I used both on my card--Dasher at his most glam! It's so difficult to capture glitter in a photo--hopefully you can use your imagination!

I love Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke, with a neutral, for Christmas cards. It is such a classic color combination and works well for vintage style cards. Of course, gold and pearls are always the perfect touch!


This year for Valentines, my favourite colour combo is Basic Black, Very Vanilla & Cherry Cobbler. Last year it was Chocolate Chip and Real Red but I just love the richness of Cherry Cobbler. I am not a red person but I have fallen in love with this colour and it goes so well with Black (perfect for a man and yet elegant enough for a woman), and Very Vanilla to soften it all up!


I love Night of Navy, Whisper White and Metallic Silver for Christmas cards. In fact, I love metallic with just about any color. I love the depth of the Night of Navy offset by the crispness of Whisper White. The metallic silver, because it has a grey feel to it, seems to tie both colors together.


Nance Leedy - Canopy Crafts
I, like LeAnne, was hard pressed to chose just one color combination . Funny enough, we both went to the same combination! For holiday decorating, I love the serenity and elegance of silver and gold so I decided to translate it into a holiday card. Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Brushed Silver is a favorite...at least for this year!
Anne Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
This was a tough challenge, it is SO difficult to pick just one color combo. I decided to use one of my all-time favorite color combinations of Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla and Basic Black. It is just so girly and fun and works so well for any card for a friend! I decided to create a punched party dress in this color combo for a cute and sassy birthday card.

So grab your favorite coloured inks, papers and embellishments! We can hardly wait to see what lovely combinations you share! Please upload your project with a direct link to your blog post. If you upload to online galleries, please use the keyword PP28. You have until Friday, December 17th at midnight (PST) to upload your project! Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

  1. Great challenge! It's so much fun to use a favorite color combo. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Fab cards from the team
    Hugs
    sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!