Sunday, December 12, 2010

Challenge #27 Winners

Hi, Everyone!

This was another amazing week for submissions. We love the fact that there are so many different crafting styles represented. We enjoyed visiting all of your Christmas projects. Once again you made it difficult for us to choose our winners this week.

We'd like to say a very big thank you to all of you for supporting us - and an extra special thank you for those of you who play with the Players regularly.

Before we get to our Headliner, let's take a look at our design team choices for A Cut Above this week.

Marlene's choice: Jheri Lynn

I choose Jheri Lynn's card because I was so drawn to it. Maybe it is beacuse it is so very much my own style. How refreshing are those non-traditional Christmas colours and I just love layers which she has plenty of here. This sentiment also happens to be one of my favourites this season. Congratulations Jheri Lynn!


LeAnne's choice: Colleen Dietrich

I just love the combination of red and white Colleen used here, and how she interpreted the inspiration piece she used.....so sweet and simple! Not too fussy but interesting; she uses embossing and punches creatively and ties it all up with that snazzy cord!



Ann's Choice: Julie E

The splash of red kept drawing my eyes back to this gorgeous card by Julie E. The snowflake paper is beautiful, and compliments the snowflake embossing perfectly. Of course, the trim and pearls are the wonderful touches, as is the stitching! Topped off with a gold ribbon...it is one stunning card! Congratulations, Julie!


Jaydee's choice: Vicki's Peace on Earth

I chose Vicki's Peace on Earth card for several reasons. I loved the clean and simple approach to this card. I also loved the three layers of scalloped edging. It was just the right amount to add interest without overpowering the focal image. It was set off by the simple red stripe at the top. The ribbon, button and cord were the perfect touch. The color scheme - masterful. It reminded me of a school uniform tie - but in a really good way! Absolutely stunning. Congratulations, Vicki.


Anne Marie's Choice: Tamie Camp

I am a huge fan of holiday cards with non-traditional color combinations and Tami's card just made me smile. I love the awesome texture and sparkle she added to accent those happy snowmen. I especially loved the hand-drawn border she added around the main image. So much fun! Congratulations, Tamie!


I just loved Christina's sweet little Christmas note! I love the colors, the clean-and-simple style, the wonky stitching, and that TWINE! It all wraps up into a happy little card with tons of elegance and style. Congratulations, Christina!

Photobucket
Jeanne's choice: Linda - Snail's Space

Although I rarely make a CAS card myself, I very much admire it when it's done with elegance! Linda's card is just sublime!!! I love the non-traditional colors for Christmas too. It's a well balanced card, without being overly done or barren, which is a tough thing to do with these kinds of cards!! Beautiful job Linda!

And our HEADLINER, chosen by Lesley, is Danielle Daws, you can visit her blog by clicking HERE.


I chose Danielle's gorgeous card because I loved the way she sponged the edges of the Crumb Cake paper with the Soft Suede Ink. Her bow is absolutely beautiful and the ornaments she created with ornament punch popped against the neutral background. This Clean and Simple beauty really stood out for me! Congratulations Danielle.

Thanks for playing along with us!!  Don't forget to grab your winner badges from the sidebar for your blog!  We will be back tomorrow with a brand new challenge for you!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Thanks so much! Congratulations to everyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Danielle, on your gorgeous card and headliner spot! And thanks to Nance for the shout-out on my card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LeAnne, thank you for picking my card! (that's twice now; someone'll think you're playing favorites :)

    Congrats to all the fantastic artists chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jeanne, thank you so much for choosing my card! i'm honoured to be listed next to such creative card makers. linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle's card is simply beautiful! Thanks for choosing my card as "a cut above" :>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne Marie thank you so much for chosing my card! It was so much fun to do a non traditional christmas color card. Your comments meant alot to me and I am very on honored that you chose my card this week. Glad it made you smile! Anne you made my Sunday:) Thank you!

    Congrat's to all of the other ladies too especailly Danielle!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!