Saturday, October 9, 2010

Winners for Challenge 18--Monochromatic

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed ALL the creations you talented stampers made this week! My heart was going aflutter at all the beauty! Some of you said you struggled with monochromatic colors, others said you'd never tried it or rarely used them, so I was glad I challenged you to stamp outside your comfort zone, and I hope you use that theme more often!

Here are our designers' picks this week for the Cut Aboves:

Nance's choice: Linda Callahan

For all it's dark, gothic elegance I had to choose this stunning card from Linda Callahan. I love the starkness of the candelabra and spider web against all the rich designer papers and the Black Raven lace is just the perfect touch on a beautiful card...congratulations, Linda!


Jaydee's Pick: Rose's Vintage Santa


There were so many great cards this week, but this Christmas creation from Rose just stole my heart. I love the fact that Rose mixed the vintage feel paper with the crisp white of the more modern santa and the top note die. The ribbon and button are gorgeous! This card made me smile!

Lesley's Pick: Vicki Burdick
I chose Vicki's cute paper pads and matching cards in the "In Colours". The sweet little paper clips with the flowers and pearls really caught my eye! The "In Colour" designer paper looks amazing with this project!


Ann's Pick: Anne Marie HileWith all of the fabulous cards submitted this week, I found it difficult to select just one! However, I adored this stunning creation by Anne Marie Hile. I loved how the swirls on the embossed background complimented the swirls of the tree. From the shimmer paint to the rhinestones, the "bling" was glorious, resulting in a card that anyone would love to receive!


And my choice for the Headliner is:


The minute I saw this stunning gift bag that Ann made, I was head over heels!!! The unique color she used for a winter scene caught my eye right away, but the coloring, the attention to details and the fussy-cutting of her skaters put it over the top! I love the layout as well, and she even made a card to go with it! Congratulations, Ann, for being our Headliner of the Week!

6 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! You've made my day - thanks so much for the Headliner of the week award and I'm so glad you liked my gift bag. I loved the challenge and am looking forward to participating in more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards - I am honored to be among them! Thanks Nance for the pick and all of your kind words - I'm still smiling :) And thanks LeAnne for the challenge - looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucha gorgeous cards - congratulations to Ann - so well deserved my friend - I can't wait to see more! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge this week! Such great inspiration from everyone. Monochromatic is where it's at!

    Congrats to Ann, your bag is just stunning. I also want to say a special thank you to Ann S. for the recognition on my card. It is a huge honor coming from an artist who's work I admire so much. You made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Ladies! I think all of these creations are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh those cards are just totally gorgeous.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!