Saturday, November 6, 2010

Challenge #22 Winners-Anything Goes

Hey Players! WOWZA, we were blown away with 200+ entries for our "Anything Goes" challenge last week...you made it one of our best yet! Thank you for participating and sharing your crafty talents with us each week--it makes us so happy! Both LeAnne and Jaydee are away this week and so Ann and Lesley have each chosen 2 cut above winners! That way, we still have 4 Cut Above Winners and 1 Headliner!
Now, let's see who the Ann and Lesley have spotlighted as "A Cut Above" this week:

Ann's Choices


I selected this lovely card by Veronica as one of my choices for "A Cut Above" because of its elegant simplicity. I loved the rich color palette of red and green, and the scrumptious red bow was the perfect touch! A classy card! Congratulations, Veronica!
This beautiful card by Leanne, of Creations by Leanne, was another of my choices for "A Cut Above". I loved its intricately cut background, with the "pop" of blue peeking through. The distressing and the pearls were the perfect touches on this fabulous fall card! Congratulations, Leanne!

Lesley's Choices

I chose this pretty box created by Kerin because I love how rich the Very Vanilla cardstock looks embossed and surrounded by the vivid Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke colours. The pearls look amazing in the centre of the handmade poinsettia. What a cool idea!!! This project is stunning! Congrats Kerin!



I chose these cards created by Ann because I love the beautiful collaged background paper she created using stamps! The colours are beautiful and the way she has used the set is both creative and imaginitive! These would make a wonderful gift set for a friend!

Now for our Headliner!

As the hostess for this challenge, I have the honor of choosing this week's "Headliner". Y'all gave us so many choices that it was difficult to pick just one! But, I found myself coming back to one in particular...so without further delay, the Headliner this week is....Nancy Lempinen!!

Headliner pick: Nancy Lempinen


Nancy's entry just takes the cake this week! (Sorry couldn't help it!) The cake slice boxes in and of themselves are wonderful--oh the patience!--but it's the details in this project that elevate it to Headliner status. I love that she used chocolate paper and decorated each slice with a delicate flower and repeated that element in the center with the beautiful flower. The polka dot ribbon is a luxurious touch and if all of that wasn't enough, she packaged it in a bakery box with a doily for the perfect gift ensemble! Fantastic work, Nancy...Congratulations!

We hope to see you back for our new challenge that will post on Sunday November 7th--you'll want to break out the scarves and mittens!

Thanks!
Nance

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, thank you so much for selecting my no-fat chocolate cake as Headliner this week, Yahoo! It was fun making it and even more fun to see the face of the gal it was made for, she loved it too.
    Thanks for your inspiring challenges.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Nancy - that's my kind of chocolate cake! It looks scrumptious. Thanks also to Lesley for choosing my collage cards as "A Cut Above". I value your feedback and it's a fantastic compliment to receive this award when there were so many beautiful entries.
    I love your challenges - thank you.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just let out a little squeal of excitement! I am completely amazed to be a top pick out of SO many beautiful cards. Thank you Ann and everyone at The Paper Players for having the chalenge, and allowing me to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! I just seen this!! So excited and very honored!! Thanks for picking me to be in the top pick this week!! Congrats to all the winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thank you so much :) I love playing along with your fun challenges!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!