Sunday, September 12, 2010

Winners for Challenge #14-Clean and Simple

Hi Everyone.
WOW!!!! Another amazing week. The design team is so thrilled that you all decided to play along again this week and share with us another set of incredibly creative - and fabulous - clean and simple cards.

Lesley decided to make a permanent change to the judging - and the design team is thrilled about it. Each week the DT member who "owns" the challenge for that week will get to pick the headliner and the rest of the DT will get to choose a "Cut Above". I think it was a masterful move from Lesley. So, thank you, Lesley.

This week, it is my pleasure to decide on the Headliner for this week........ and you guys didn't make it easy, I can tell you! I visited every card and couldn't make up my mind - so ended up going back for a second round! It was really fun visiting with you all.

So, it is my absolute honor to announce the Headliner for our Clean and Simple theme challenge.

I loved the layout, the fabulously colored leaves, the little knot of ribbon, the fact that the leaves and acorns were paper snipped and mounted - and the color scheme. This was a true CAS card but had so much visual interest - and it all tied together so beautifully. So congratulations on being our Headliner this week, Patti.

For her fabulous use of gorgeous designer paper and a perfectly clean-and-simple layout, I chose this beauty by Diane Oliver.
I just LOVE this card from Caroline LeBel! The DP she used and how she picked up the colors for her sentiment, topped off by the simple embellished butterfly, just made me smile!
I chose Angela's sweet mitten card because I loved the way she showcased the designer paper and used the mittens in such a simple yet effective way! No colouring! A true CAS card and she even jazzed up her ribbon!

This fabulous single layer creation, by Petra, symbolizes my definition of a true "clean and simple" card. The black and white color combination is classy and elegant, while the liquid pearls add just the perfect touch of bling!

I had a blast as the host for the Clean and Simple challenge. Congratulations to all our winners, please grab your winner's button from the left sidebar and thank you to all of you who submitted your creations. You certainly made choosing our winners a difficult job, but we really did enjoy visiting your cards. We hope that you will join us again this week for our Colour Challenge.
Jaydee

4 comments:

  1. Jaydee, thanks so much for picking my card as the Headliner this week. I so enjoy playing with you all and the challenges are always fun!!
    Fall is my fav season and this card was just a labor of love for me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for choosing my card as a cut above! I am so excited! I just love playing with the Paper Players and I can't wait to create for the fabulous color challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well deserved wins, congrats to all. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done the winners!!! Well deserved!!! Thanks for the chance of playing along!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!