Saturday, March 17, 2012

Winners for Lesley's Colour Challenge

Happy St. Patty's Day everyone!!! Lesley here! Thank you to all the stampers who joined in my Springy Colour Challenge last week! The samples were soft, lovely and oh so pretty!!! Without further ado, here are our winners....

Our picks for A Cut Above

Ann's Choice: Narelle
Stamplicious

Narelle has done it again this week...She has taken my breath away with another of her gorgeous creations! I love the textured background, which adds visual interest without competing with the beautiful flowers and Notably Ornate frame. The flagged sentiment exemplifies Narelle's attention to detail, as does the button with its linen thread.  And who could resist those rhinestone centers?  Congratulations, Narelle, for being my choice for A Cut Above!


Jaydee's Choice:  Vicki
All I Do is Stamp
I immediately fell in love with Vicki's take on our color challenge this week.  The swallow is so perfectly positioned in the circular focal point.  The hint of green makes me think of swallows flying by treetops.  The three horizontal elements continued the feel of movement and the sentiment is just so perfect.   All round, this is a beautifully composed card.  A card this clean and elegant makes my CAS loving heart so happy!   Vicki, congratulations on being my Cut Above this week.



LeAnne's Choice: Mindy
Bada-Bing Paper Crafting
Oh dear, so many beautiful creations this week.....the decision was a hard one!  Right at the last minute, I spied this cutie from Mindy!  I just love these little onesies all in a row....that beautiful bow and precious little banner just add to the adorable factor!  And I think she has pushed me over the edge for that polka-dot BG stamp!  Sweetness all around!  Congrats, Mindy, on being my Cut Above this week!



Sherry's Choice: Jen
What can I say? The minute I saw this card it was love at first sight. I love the double layered flower, the button, the twine and those fussy cut leaves. Clean and Simple my favorite style of card. CONGRATS, Jen, on being my Cut Above this week.


Nance’s choice: Sue Rowe
Oh my goodness!  I seemed to say that a lot this week when leaving comments as there were so many darling cards with whimsical themes.  My eye kept returning to this adorable creation from Sue Rowe.  I loved her clean and simple layout featuring a trendy banner and color blocked style.  But it is that sweet elephant paired with the perfectly sized sentiment that stole my heart!  Look at him closely and you’ll see that in that small image, Sue has captured all of the challenge colors and even added a few drops of bling!  Wow, does it pack a design punch.  Fabulous job, Sue!  Congratulations, you’re my choice for A Cut Above


Anne Marie's Choice: Lee Ann Barrett
So many beautiful creations this week showcasing Lesley's awesome color combo! Lee Ann's gorgeous springtime bouquet really stopped me in my tracks! Wowza! Love those layered flowers, adorned with the "perfectly-placed" pearl accents. The embossed background is a fun detail to add even more fabulous texture to the card, too. Congratulations to you Lee Ann, for being my choice for A Cut Above this week! 

Jenn's Choice: Regina Mangum
There were so many amazing projects this week that it was definitely hard to choose but I kept coming back to Regina's fabulous and unexpected creation. I LOVE that fact that she totally thought outside the box with this one and used these colours on a masculine card. From the wonderful mix of textures and patterns to the clever use of turning a blimp image into a rocket ship, this card is fantastic on so many levels. Congratulations Regina on being my Cut Above this week!
Heidi's Choice: Renae Lyon
Renae's card really stood out to me this week (and there were a lot of amazing cards to choose from!) I am loving her stamp set choice and how she colored the branch just beautifully...also adding the extra detail of stamping and cutting the Wisteria Wonder birdhouse to make it "pop". I think my favorite part of the card was the frame she made using the Labels Framelits. The finishing touch of the Crumb Cake seam binding made into a perfect bow and the pearls in each corner really sealed the deal for me in making Renae's card my Cut Above choice of the week! Congrats, Renae!


And now for our HEADLINER........

Lesley's Choice: Kerin Sylvester
DSCN6138 
I loved Kerin's card this week! Not only did she used a gorgeous stamped image, perfect for Spring, but she used the colours from the challenge is a wonderful way! I love how she used the Pool Party colour to highlight the floral images. The die used to showcase the sentiment is SO pretty as is her ribbon treatment with the large, antique brad. Such a beautiful card! Congratulations Kerin on being my choice for HEADLINER this week at the Paper Players.

Now, don't forget to come back and play with us again tomorrow.  The fabulous Nance has a Clean and Simple challenge in store for you.

Enjoy your day and may your St. Patty's day be filled with luck and happiness...I thought I would leave an Irish blessing for friendship...

Wishing you always...

Walls for the wind,

A roof for the rain
And tea beside the fire.
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire 


Lesley and the Paper Players

9 comments:

  1. Oh thanks~ Love the heads up notice also :) Off to snag my badge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry for picking my card! You made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Jenn, for choosing my card! And, for all the wonderful things you said about it ((blushing!)) -- Love the Paper Players! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretty cards! Thanks LeAnne for choosing my card this week! I just love this color combo. Thanks for inspiring me with great challenges and awesome samples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thanks so much ladies!! What an honor :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm rapt, thank you so much ladies and especially Nance - you said some really lovely things, this colour combo was so pretty as were all your fab samples, can't wait to see what you come up with next. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - thanks for choosing my card this week Ann- I wasn't overly sure about my card this week - so thanks, I'm thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of wonderful creativity! Thank you Heidi for choosing my card this week. I enjoy checking out the challenges and all the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, Anne Marie for choosing my card! Your comments were so sweet! I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!