Saturday, October 8, 2011

Winners for Challenge 66 - LeAnne's Musical Theme

Hi everyone! Wow, I read lots of positive comments about the musical theme this week, and it looks like you all rocked it! It was tough to pick a winner--so many interesting takes on the challenge! Let's start with the Cut Aboves:


Ann's Choice - Robin

Robin's Rubber Room



Serene and comforting are two words which describe Robin's gorgeous sympathy card. A well-balanced layout spotlights the expertly colored focal image, while a perfect bow draws the eye straight to the sentiment. Vertical panels of music note paper, layered upon a lovely pattern paper, complete this stunning card. Congratulations, Robin, for being my choice for A Cut Above!


Lesley's Choice - Susan



Susan's card caught my eye because of the clean lines. I love how she used the music notes as a background! The black and white colours are perfect to mimic real sheet music. The guitar is awesome! A great accent! Congratulations Susan on being my Cut Above this week.


Cindy's Choice - Gerry



I fell in love with Gerry's card the moment I saw it. She created a perfect winter scene and professionally "orchestrated" many different classic stamp sets and elements. She mastered the masking technique and it resulted in a scene that I feel like I can step into. The lampposts frame her focal point. The coloring is superb and she used accessories to compliment the scene without overpowering it. And, finally, I love the cool colors so expertly coordinated. Congratulations, Gerry, on being my Cut Above this week!


Rita's Choice - Jennifer


I adore the music and sparkle of Christmastime and Jennifer's card really highlights both. The sweet little mice on her card are so adorable! I can't help but smile every time I take a peek at them. I love all the sparkle and shine she added to her card; from the bells to the Mica flakes, it's just perfect! Congratulations, Jennifer, on being my Cut Above for the week!



Tara's Choice - Narelle Farrugia



Narelle's multilayered, monochromatic card just blew me away this week. Her inspiration was from an 80's french song and I just gotta love that. All of Narelle's details are amazing from the pearls at the dress form waist to the multilayer medallion to the beautiful button on the seam biding bow and all that fussy cutting- a true feast for the eyes! Congratulations Narelle on being my Cut Above this week!




Jaydee's Choice: Ruth


I fell in love with Ruth's jolly snowman as soon as I saw her card. The offset layers were so interested. The color scheme was fabulous, and I loved how the colors in the snowman tied together all of the layers. I also LOVED that Ruth captured interest and texture on each layer, even carrying the music theme from the green layer to the turquoise layer. Finally, the popped up snowman, black and white ribbon and the little bit of turquoise bling added that extra touch. Absolutely gorgeous card, Ruth. Congratulations on being my Cut Above this week.


Nance’s choice: Renae Lyon



Renae’s Joy to the World card is my choice this week for its subtle elegance, beautiful details and clean layout. I love the vintage feel Renae added to the each layer making the music notes look like a page from an old playbook. The quilted satin ribbon is the perfect companion to the elegance of this stamp set and the angle reminds me of a wrapped Christmas present! Lastly, Renae spritzed the whole thing with shimmer spray…the perfect touch, {happy sigh}...just beautiful! Congratulations Renae, you’re my choice this week for A Cut Above!


Julie's Choice: Carrie Gaskin



Ebony & Ivory...Keys, what do these remind you of? Well, Carrie was inspired by the piano this week in our music themed challenge. Instead of going with the literal sense of the word, she went with a more interpretative theme and I loved it! All of her details were so well thought out. She infused a black and white color scheme using crisp clean lines for the actual piano and she creatively used keys to represent the actual keys. Carrie, you put a lot of thought into this card and it's many fine-tuned details. That is why you are my Cut Above this week. Congratulations!



And now, after much perusing, the Headliner:


LeAnne's Choice - Colleen



Colleen's French-styled creation is so very lovely, I kept returning to it again and again! The delicate details she added, the stepped-up embellishments and the subtle colors all add together for a delightfully delicious concoction! And the Beatles' song "Blackbird" will be in my head all day long! Congratulations, Colleen, for being the Headliner this week!


Congratulations to all of the winners! Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see the new challenge. The lovely Jaydee is our hostess and she has a lovely color challenge planned for you! Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks Tara for choosing me as A Cut Above this week! Congrats to all the winners - your cards are awesome! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the cards selected are fabulous! Congrats to all of the Cuts Above and Headliner! A wonderful job by all of the participants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Ann, for choosing me as your Cut Above selection this week - I am stunned and honored! Thanks, too, to the rest of the team for all the lovely comments you left. Congratulations to the rest of the winners - all of the cards are wonderful and I am tickled to be in your company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to everyone - beautiful cards indeed!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!