Saturday, October 22, 2011

CHallenge #68 Winners

Another amazing week of fabulous cards.  We thank you all for playing along this week.  You really made it tough again for the design team to choose our winners. 

Ann's Choice - Kristin Moore
Sunshine, Smiles & Stamps = Lovin' Life


Don't you just love this clean and simple cutie created by the talented Kristin Moore?  There is so much texture on this card, from the crimped River Rock card stock to the quilted Cherry Cobbler ribbon! And what about the glorious bling!  The Dazzling Details glitter draws the eye to the pennant tree, while the single rhinestone adds a touch of class and elegance.  I am always amazed by those who can create CAS perfection, and Kristin...I am amazed by your fabulous card.  Congratulations on being my selection for A Cut Above!

Tara's Choice - Liliana Inguanti
Stampin' From Home


I just love the warm rich colors and textures of Liliana's card. I thought I had seen every iteration of card with these amazing ornaments, but Liliana surprised me with this beautiful cracked glass technique. Not only is the cracked glass a luscious element, but the glass glitter embedded in the cracked glass is such a brilliant touch. I also love how this technique gave the ornaments a vintage/aged look. They are topped off beautifully with silver cording for a perfect finishing touch. All that texture, yet still a very clean and simple card - fabulous job on the challenge Liliana. Congratulations for being my choice for Cut Above this week!

Cindy's Choice - Diane


Diane's card uses the spotlight technique to perfection, yet her card remains Clean and Simple.  The crisp white space enhances the image, and the frame of red and green makes it even more crisp.  I love how she used white-on-white for the lace ribbon border trim and then strung the 1/4" ribbon through it and added some white-on-white pearls.  All the elements are the perfect compliment to each other, and overall, this is so simply beautiful.  Congratulations, Diane!  You're my choice for A Cut Above this week!
Nance’s choice: Savannah O’Gwynn

Clean and simple can mean different things to different crafters but usually it includes lots of “white space” or open space in the design.  Savannah’s card proves that “white space” doesn’t have to “white”…it can be red!  As in the perfect Christmas red with a fabulous background she created herself by repeating an ornament stamp.  I love the retro feel of this and the bold graphic elements give it so much personality.  Not to mention that ribbon is to-die-for!  Congratulations, Savannah, you’re my Cut Above this week!

LeAnne's Choice - Sue K


Ah, this card that Sue has created is just perfect in its simplicity and true spirit of Christmas!  The white background makes me think of freshly-fallen snow, and the tree, decorated so simply yet effectively, is so realistic!  The sweet sentiment, stamped in beautiful Christmas red, says it all!  I can smell the pine aroma right now!  Congratulations, Sue, on being my Cut Above this week!

Julie's Choice: Jen W.


A CAS card is all about the design.  It has lots of white space, one focal image and is uncluttered. Check, Check, Check...this card has it all!  I first noticed the scored lines and how clean this card was.  I think that scoring is one of the most understated elements that you can add to a card.  But upon further inspection, you can see where Jen took the time to focus even more on her one main image.  She popped up the tree and added a bit of gloss to the sentiment.  I appreciate all of the thought that went in to designing this card and that's why I've chosen Jen's card as my Cut Above this week.  Congrats Jen, I love the CAS design of your card!

Anne Marie's Choice: Jen Picard



There are so many things to love about Jenn's fabulous card! The punched out circle on the embossed card stock is such a great way to showcase the sweet image. I also really liked the texture from the velvet ribbon and how she balanced the design by stamping the images in the corners. Those two bitty pops of sparkle are the perfect finishing touch on this simply stunning creation. Congratulations to you Jenn, on being my choice for A Cut Above this week!

Jaydee's Choice: Trish


I absolutely loved Trish's celebration of circles card!  The white space on the top half of the card is the perfect foil to the circular focal point.  The ribbon was cut beautifully and the Old Olive ribbon helped to bring the green through all three layers of the card.  The ribbon is also cut to perfection and reminds me of holly leaves.  A beautifully composed and stunning card.  Trish, congratulations on being my CUT ABOVE this week

The Headliner for this week is:

Lesley's Choice


I chose Shanna's pretty card because of the clean lines and simple design. She really captured the Clean and Simple idea to this week's challenge!  The rich red and muted green she used are classic Christmas tones and the little bit of twine for the wreath made such a sweet statement. Love the simple layout too, this all makes for a lovely clean and simple Christmas card! Congratulations Shanna on being my choice for Headliner this week!

Please join us here tomorrow for a fabulous sketch from Nance!  Enjoy your Saturday!

Smiles,
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Thank you all for the awesome comments on my Spotlighting card. Thank you for the awesome challenge to help me design out of my comfort zone. Thanks Cindy for picking my card as The Cut Above this week. Have a great weekend, Happy Stamping, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww shucks, you gals are so kind with all your lovely comments! I am honoured to be chosen as the headliner and will display my badge proudly! Can't wait to see what the next challenge brings! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thanks Anne Marie for choosing me this week as your Cut Above. And thank you to the whole Design Team for always having such great challenges and fantastic samples each week!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!