Saturday, October 2, 2010

Winners for Challenge 17-Inspiration Challenge

Wow, I had so much fun looking at all the cute posts this week! You really were creative in your ways of using the colors, the polka dots and the baby theme!!! Everyone on the Design Team at the Paper Players gets the chance to choose their favourite for the week, with the person hosting the the challenge for the week choosing the Headliner. Before I reveal the Headliner, let's see who the other designers chose:


Nance's pick: Patti Corriere

I just love this happy card by Patti Corriere! The monkeys swinging from the vine are perfectly whimsical and stamped on pink cardstock they look positively flushed with happiness. A simple change of colors and sentiment would also make a fun birthday card for anyone. Versatility, whimsy and great design add up to a great card!

Lesley's Pick is Julie Gearinger's Card

I just loved the embossing, the double layer of the Eyelet Punch and the fantastic bow. She did a great job of capturing the adorable inspiration photo! This is one adorable card and I know it would be a great layout for a little boy's card too!!!

Ann's Pick: Stephanie Uzee


Stephanie's card has so many great details: buttons, ribbons, embossing, punches...and a giraffe! Combined with a fabulous layout, the result is one adorable baby card, and a great take on the inspiration photo!

Jaydee's pick: Patty's Peace



There were so many amazing cards again this week, but I found myself drawn back to Patty's card. I loved Patty's take on the challenge. There are a lot of circular elements on this card, but they are so subtle: the grey circles on the background; the pink circles on the pink; the scallop circle; the pearls - and, last of all, that gorgeous flower! Fabulous.


And for my Headliner, I chose Lori Rider's cute card:

I love things in threes, and the clean and crisp look of this card really appeals to me! The little heart cutouts are perfect for a Valentine card...so sweet! Congrats to Lori for this super creation! And to all our winners this week, please grab your winner badges from the left hand side of our blog for your blog!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!! I'm honored and thrilled to be the headliner this week. You just made my day! All the winning cards are just lovely - it was a great challenge and I hope I get to play the awesome monochromatic challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for choosing me as a Cut Above winner this week. It is an honor. There are always so many beautiful cards submitted and it's always fun checking them out. Hope to play along again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the honor of selecting my card as a Cut Above! I love your challenges and will look forward to future challenges.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!