Friday, December 30, 2011

Challenge #76: Winners of Ann's Colour Challenge

What fabulous entries were submitted for the final challenge of 2011...Ann's Clean and Simple Color Challenge!  There were so many gorgeous combinations of Cherry Cobbler, Brushed Gold and Very Vanilla, that it made the task of selecting our winners quite difficult.  Let's take a look at the Design Team choices!

For A Cut Above:
Julie's Choice: Liliana Inguanti-Garcia


I love the CAS design that Liliana has created on her card.  This tree was a great choice for the focal image, as it's beautiful on it's own.  Liliana kicked it up a notch by adding these perfectly punched, blinged and popped up snowflakes to create a bit of dimension.  The seam binding adds a pop of color and a fabulous finishing touch.  Liliana, I love your card. Congratulations on being my Cut Above this week!

LeAnne's Choice:  Julie Gearinger


Julie always puts a lot of thought and detail into her cards and this one doesn't disappoint!  She gave us a sneak peek of a lovely new Stampin' Up! set, beautifully heat embossed, and paired it with her signature texture embossing, which makes for a lush, gorgeous Christmas creation!  A wonderful way to close out the year....and a good jump start to making those Christmas cards for next year!  Congratulations, Julie, on being my Cut Above for this week!


Tara's Choice : Narelle


Narelle stuck to a clean and simple card, yet added many great details. Her overall layout and images create such a pleasing balance. The scored embossing and pearls are subtle accents that add to the overall beauty of this card. These are great details, but I just fell in love with the fussy cut tree and that magnificent bow. What a beauty! Congratulations Narelle for being my choice for Cut Above!

Rita's Choice:  Deb


I love when clean-and-simple meets fun and Deb totally made that happen with this card!  I love the circle of snowmen and give her major kudos for having the patience and skill to pull that off!   Snowmen are definitely a beauty of the winter season for me, so I love the sentiment and it looks perfect nestled in the circle.    Congratulations, Deb, on being my Cut Above for the week!

Anne Marie's Choice: Patti Corriere


I am a big fan of Patti's style and this card is certainly no exception! I love the clean design and all of the wonderful details she added. The embossing, the trio of flowers and of course, that fabulous bling really add to the holiday cheer, in a very elegant way. Congratulations Patti, on being my choice for a Cut Above this week! Happy New Year! 


Nance’s choice:  Meg McGarry


Ann’s choice of luxurious colors brought out so many beautiful creations in the gallery this week.  I loved the clean and simple elegance of Meg’s holiday card.  The “holiday” die-cut in brushed gold cardstock is stellar and I love how she carried over the color to the sweet little gold snowflake.  The gemstone center to the snowflake ties in perfectly with the berries on the embossed cardstock and that quilted satin ribbon is gorgeous!  All around it’s holiday elegance perfected!  Congratulations Meg, you’re my choice for A Cut Above!


Jaydee's Choice:  Cassandra


I instantly fell in love with Cassie's clean and elegant take on the challenge.  Her use of the rhinestones and a single gold brad really lifted up this gorgeous swirl of snowflakes.  I also loved that Cassie kept the background clean and just used a red mat on the rich, creamy vanilla base.  There was something whimsical, yet so elegant about this card, that I absolutely had to choose it.  Congratulations on being my CUT ABOVE this week Cassie.

Lesley's Choice: Noelle

Wow, what a wonderful group of projects for Ann's terrific colour combo! Thank you to everyone who played with us!! I looked through the gallery and my eye kept on being drawn to Noelle's gorgeous card! The fold is too cool and the designer paper she used is lovely with the subtle snowflakes. Of course my absolute favourite bit of her card is that stunning snowflake, matched with the elegant sentiment, this card is absolutely breathtaking! Congratulations Noelle on being my choice for CUT ABOVE this week.

For our Headliner

Ann's Choice:  Meg McGarry


Meg's card is a beautiful example of Clean and Classy! And what a perfect use of the challenge colors! The gold embossing on the Cherry Cobbler is so rich and elegant, while the style of the sentiment adds just the right touch.  The result is a card which anyone would love to receive.  Congratulations Meg, on being my choice for Headliner!

Thank you to all who participated...you amaze us each week with your talent.  Be sure to join us on January 8 for our first challenge of 2012.  You will LOVE what Lesley has in store for you!  Thanks for stopping by...and may you have a healthy and happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Julie (and ladies) for picking my card! I enjoy playing along with your weekly challenges a lot.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful surprise to see that LeAnne picked my card as one of the "Cut Aboves"!

    This challenge was wonderful (as always) and each card was a winner in my opinion :-) Congrats to our Headliner, Meg and the other "Cut Aboves"- great job ladies!

    Thanks again to Lesley and the rest of the fabulous Design Team for maintaining this weekly challenge to keep us all motivated- love participating and looking forward to your creations in 2012! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my card, there were so many gorgeous ones in the Gallery, I was so honored!! Happy New Year and thank you for all the wonderful challenges you provide :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you so much for choosing my card as A Cut Above this week. I always struggle with CAS, so this is a thrill for me to be chosen this week. Hope everyone had a wonderful & safe New Year. Looking forward to your challenges in 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful cards. Congratulations to all the winners... hugs

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!