Saturday, November 19, 2011

Winners for Challenge #72


Hi there stampers! LeAnne here. Wow, we all had a wonderful time perusing your beautiful creations this week!  I know I had a struggle trying to just pick ONE winner!  So let's see what caught the eye of the Design Team this week...

For A Cut Above:

 Ann's Choice - Mindy

 

I fell in love with Mindy's card the moment I saw it!  I loved the striking way in which she blocked out the colors and her choice of texture imparted by the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  The music image, which had been wheeled onto the River Rock card stock, added a festive note.  But the snowflakes, each with a different center, sealed the deal for me.  Congratulations, Mindy! You are my choice for A Cut Above.

Nance’s choice: Christine Blain
There were so many beautiful cards in the gallery this week but I kept coming back to Christine’s gorgeous poinsettia card.  All the texture and dimension gives the eye just enough to look at while the clean layout really lets each element shine.  The darling poinsettias with their brad centers really pop off that embossed River Rock background and I love how she repeated the flower theme in her choice of embossing folder.  The sentiment is perfectly placed and that double bow is gorgeous!  Not only did Christine make a beautiful card but she really rocked the color challenge by not adding any other color to her design—not even a neutral!  Congratulations, Christine, you’re my choice for A Cut Above!

Lesley's Choice
 

I just loved all the green happening on Diane's card! The rhinestones on the end of the swirls in the sentiment and the precious, embossed stars at the top made this card so pretty! I love the embossed background and the splash of Red with the sentiment. The layout is lovely too! A pretty, clean and classic card creation! Congratulations Diane, you are my choice A Cut Above!

Tara's Choice - Noelle McAdams
Paper and Ice

I love every aspect of Noelle's card - the stamped music background paired with the lovely DSP and ribbon give this card such beautiful finished look. The attention to detail such as the sticker and glimmer brad at the bottom of the ribbon add the perfect touches to this fantastic card. I love the vintage look of the sponged background and nostalgic look of the stamped sentiment and sticker. The Christmas carol sentiment keeps repeating in my mind as this card is truly starting to look a lot like Christmas. Congratulations Noelle ( so apropos for Christmas:)), you're my choice for Cut Above!

Susan's Choice - Debbie Henderson
I thought Debbie's card was totally delightful this week.  I loved the texture and her little shaker ornaments with the gold beads just added that special touch.  The Ric Rac trim and the punched label for the sentiment finished off her beautiful card. Congratulation's Debbie, you're my choice for Cut Above this week.

Anne Marie's Choice: Connie Babbert
There were so many beautiful creations this week with LeAnne's fun color combo. As soon as I saw Connie's crisp and clean Christmas card, I was smitten. I especially like how she layered the stamped flowers to create the poinsettias and adorned their centers with the trio of pearls. The embossed background and the hint of glimmer paper are such great touches, too. Congratulations Connie on being my choice for a Cut Above this week! 

Julie's Choice: Lori Rider
The Diva Stamper
Anyone that has been to my blog knows that I am very fond of River Rock.  I think there is something very subtle and elegant about it.  Lori has tuned in to that elegance in her card. She has created this fabulous background by scoring in the design.  It as then sponged with Always Artichoke.  The bells are beautifully colored with a blender pen and it's perfectly finished off with some gold brads.  It all works so well together.  Lori, congratulations on being my Cut Above this week! 

Jaydee's Choice:  Tricia


Who could resist this gorgeous snowman?  He brought a warm smile to my face!  I loved that Tricia took the snowman and made him into a birthday card.  The red snowflake with the button and casually wrapped gold cord is a fabulous detail.  I have to CASE this!  I also loved that Tricia used two different DSPs and paper pierced around her focal image to match the dots on the background DSP.  The coloring is superb. Then... let's talk about those fabulous snowflake clouds! All round - a stunning card.  Tricia, congratulations on being my CUT ABOVE this week.

And on to our Headliner..:

LeAnne's Choice - Jennifer Wills

I really had a difficult time choosing my winner this week.  EVERYONE had such beautiful creations; seriously, there were many I could have chosen.  Jen's card really popped out at me because of the great use of white space as well as that beautiful embossed frame.  I LOVE polka dots, and seeing this little dotted tree with the big, yet subtle, polka-dotted background just made me squeal with delight...especially with that sweet little rhinestone topper!  Love it!  Congratulations, Jen, on being my Headliner for this week!

Thank you to all who participated...you amaze us each week with your talent.  Be sure to join us tomorrow to see what Jaydee has in store for you!  Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! Thanks for such an honor! I'll grab my badge. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Thanks Lesley for picking my card as your Cut Above. I will be glad to grab my badge. Thanks for the awesome challenges and samples. I love to try your challenges. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for choosing me as A Cut Above! I loved LeAnne's color combo. Your challenges are always fun and your DT samples are fabulous every week! Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thrill to be chosen as a Cut Above - thank you, Nance. You've made my day! I had a lot of fun making this card, and challenging myself to use no other colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, LeAnne, for making me your Headliner! I'm so so glad that i found The Paper Players - I'm having a blast playing along with all you fabulous ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to all of the winners! Your cards were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These re all really awesome, I am honored t be featured among such talented stampers! Thank you so much Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, thanks Ann for choosing my card! I had so much fun making it! All the entries were great! Thanks for another fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!