Saturday, November 12, 2011

Winners for Challenge #71 {Recipe challenge}


Hi there stampers! Anne Marie here. A big thank you to everyone who got cookin' with the Paper Players last week with our recipe challenge. We all really enjoyed visiting your creative creations week!

Let's see what caught the eye of the Design Team this week...

For A Cut Above:
Ann's Choice - Noelle

  
This card by Noelle McAdams is cute to the max!  The adorable little reindeer, perfectly colored and embellished with a jingle bell brad, has a distinct retro feel, and so does the color scheme which Noelle selected.  And look at all of the fabulous details! The card front itself is actually clear patterned acetate. And what about the stunning glittery snowflake and rhinestone flower! Noelle, you have created a perfectly sweet card, and I am proud to name you as my choice for A Cut Above this week! Congratulations!

LeAnne's Choice - Cindy Hall

I somehow missed Cindy's card the first time I looked through the submissions---how could I have done that?  The colors say fall, but the delicate butterfly and the fun button, both with a hint of glitter, remind me more of summer!  The lighter-hued DSP is a nice background for the rich, deeply-colored embossed circle--very dramatic and striking!  A true example of Cindy's attention to detail!  Her cards never fail to appeal to me and this one doesn't disappoint!  Congratulations, Cindy, for being my Cut Above this week!

Tara's Choice: Debbie Henderson
Anne Marie cooked up a fantastic recipe for this week's challenge and  - Oh my goodness! I just fell in love with the bright cheery colors of Debbie's card. The Lucky Limeade paired with Melon Mambo, Whisper White and Silver Glimmer Paper just sets my heart a flutter:) I love this color combination for the holidays. There are so many ingredients in this recipe that I enjoy and the overall flavor is just fantastic - the luscious ribbon ( bow and ruffle) , the pink snowflake and basic rhinestones, the glimmer paper and layout of the yummy DSP make this a feast for the eyes. Congratulations Debbie, this delicious card is my choice for Cut Above this week!

Julie's Choice:  Pauline Kolochuk

I saw this little cutie and I couldn't pass it up.  Pauline took Anne Marie's recipe and turned all of those fun elements into one of the cutest owl projects I have ever seen.  And, what's even better, she shares the template on her blog, so you can make your very own!  I am lovin' the Spice Cake DSP right now and think it is so fitting for this little guy.  The punches work perfectly as his eyes and the ribbon and bling are the perfect final touches.  All of these little details are why I picked Pauline's owl as my Cut Above this week. Congrats Pauline!

Lesley's Choice

I love the colours of Imke's beautiful tag. The whimsical flower and the pretty flourishes made this so super cute for a close friend! Love the couch/chair, and the way she paper pieced it with designer paper, as well as paper piecing the cushion! The doily shape behind it all really adds to the feminine flair of this tag! Congratulations Imke on being a Cut Above this week!!


Nance’s choice: Denise

Denise’s fun and festive card caught my eye right away.  The happy colors and whimsical details just make me smile!  Polka dots, stripes and funky ornaments—the color palette is a fresh take on Christmas and a masterful blend of patterns.  She’s done an amazing job coloring the details of the stamp, matching each one to the colors in her card.  And did you see that snowflake?  Wow!  The ribbons are a fabulous addition and really ante up the fun factor and turn the simple snowflake into the star embellishment!  Congratulations, Denise, you’re my choice for A Cut Above!

Jaydee's Choice:  Linda


I loved the way Linda incorporated the recipe elements into this fabulous card.  The glimmer specialty paper was incorporated beautifully into the rich Cherry Cobbler focal point.  The platinum embossing powder works beautifully to tie those layers together.  I also loved the Linda tied the 3rd layer of DSP back to the focal point, too!  It has crisp clean lines, but there is a lot of things to keep your eye moving around the card.  Linda, congratulations on being my CUT ABOVE this week.  Your card is gorgeous.

Susan's Choice: Jen W

I loved the way Jen incorporated the Pattern Papers for the flowers and then layered them at different heights.  Jen's creative use of the ribbon for stems and then tying it altogether with a bow and sentiment make a very stunning card.  Congratulation's Jen you are my pick for Cut Above this week.

And on to our Headliner..:

Anne Marie's Choice: Kim S. 
Kim took my recipe this week and cooked up a festive treat, indeed! This card and tag duo are so fresh and fun, with so many fabulous details. From the little holly berries, to the silver cord, to the tiny pop of glimmer paper and those bitty jingle bells...I just loved all of the wonderful elements Kim added to this project. I also love how she used the Aviary stamp set to create a fantastic card for the holidays. So creative! Congratulations to you Kim! You are our Headliner this week...or should I say the "Top Chef", at the Paper Players! 


Thank you to all who participated...you amaze us each week with your talent.  Be sure to join us tomorrow to see what LeAnne has in store for you!  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. You made my week!!! Thank you so much...but with a set as cute as Aviary and a few jingle bells, it is very hard to go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaydee for including me with such a great group of creations! I am delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! Oh my gosh, thank you so much for featuring my card! I am so thrilled to be featured among so many beautiful cards. I'm picking up my badge and will display it with pride. :) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, thank you so much for choosing my card. I am pleased to be honored at your winner site. I also like it and it´s very nice that you always write a small text, why did you like the card o creation. Keep it up, and many, many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop whoop! What fabulous company to be included with especially Kim and Noelle! Thank you for your consistently fabulous challenges that make me push my limits! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!