Saturday, September 17, 2011

Winners for Challenge #63: Nance's Colors

Wow, y'all continue to amaze us each week with your creativity!  Thank you for participating in our color challenge and supporting us at The Paper Players...we so appreciate you!  Without further delay let's see what caught the eye of the Design Team this week:

For A Cut Above:
Tara's Choice: Crealotte


Again, I had such a tough time choosing my pick for this week's challenge given all the wonderful creativity. This week I chose a card by Crealotte. I really love the layout and cohesiveness of the sentiment, butterflies and overall layout. The faux stitching is just the perfect element to show off the  embossing on the butterfly wings. Such a pretty card that combines the colors of the challenge perfectly. Congratulations Crealotte for being my Cut Above this week!

LeAnne's Choice - Nancy Lempinen

I just loved the way that Nancy created her moon and then used a Dollar Store STICKER over top!  What a great find!  The DP she used is just perfect, too!  She placed her sentiment very creatively down in the corner and added little red bat eyes, too....oooooh, spooky!  A fun creative, yet non-fussy use of the colors that definitely scream Halloween!  Congrats, Nancy, on being my Cut Above!

Ann's Choice - Kathy Tanner

IMG_2438

Classy and elegant were two words which came to mind when I first saw Kathy's gorgeous card!  I love how she used the emboss resist technique with one of my favorite sets, French Foliage.  The Rich Razzleberry ink looks so soft and serene, while the En Francais background stamp is so elegant inked in Basic Gray.  Add a few waterspots and a tiny tag, and we have a card suitable for framing!  Congratulations, Kathy, for being my choice for A Cut Above!

Sandie's Choice: Narelle Farrugia


This card is CAS perfection.  Such a great layout, Narelle's use of our colors is fabulous.  I really like the outline flowers how she triple layered them up.  The whisper white striped background is the perfect matting for that pretty flower.  The basic pearls add just the right amount of shine to the edges and the center of the flower.  All this attention to detail adds up to one fabulous card, and that is why Narelle is my choice for being A Cut Above this week!  Congrats Narelle!

Lesley's Choice: Mindy Backes

What an adorable card Mindy created for this week's colour challenge! I love the spider web background and the images laid out in the sweet little circles.  I think I now "need" this Halloween Bingo stamp set!!  So cute! This card is clean and simple and SO much fun! The ribbon at the bottom highlights the images and centres the card perfectly! Congrats Mindy, on being my choice for Cut Above this week!

Julie's Choice - Michelle Bala


Michelle's card is the perfect example of choosing a few fabulous details to create a very elegant card.  The first thing you notice is that gorgeous flower.  It's many layers have been distressed with white ink that add the perfect softening touch. Those wonderful embossed lines?  They add just the right amount of balance.  These subtle added details are why I picked Michelle's card as my Cut Above this week.  Congratulations Michelle!

Rita's choice: Cindy Beach

I loved Cindy's card as soon as I saw it.  I've struggled to use the sets we received at Convention, but she paired two of them and created such a beautiful and elegant card.  The glimmer brads add a bit of bling and the pearls are a perfect finishing touch to her gorgeous wedding card.  Congratulations, Cindy!   You are my Cut Above for the week!  

Anne Marie's choice: Patti Corriere


I selected Patti's card this week because I really liked the way she showcased the color combo with so many fun accents. From the embossing, to the ribbon, to the creative way she layered the lace border punch...such a gorgeous card, in every way. The colored pearls finish it off beautifully, too. Congratulations, Patti on being my choice for A Cut Above this week! 

And for our Headliner:
Nance's choice: Jen W.
 
Jen’s clean and simple creation caught my eye as soon as I saw it in the gallery!  By featuring our challenge colors in blocks of color she really highlights how lovely they look together.  The debossed polka dot background adds such great texture and the fussy-cut typewriter is just fabulous.  My favorite creative detail, though, is how Jen lined up the alphabet stamps in typewriter order!!  Such a fun detail that sends Jen’s card straight to the Headlines for me!  Congratulations Jen!

Thanks to all of our participants this week.  We love seeing your projects and hope you'll join us tomorrow for a fun theme challenge from Ann!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so psyched...thanks for choosing me a second week in a row! Love playing here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!
    Thanks so much for picking my card!

    There are so many gorgeous cards in this line-up and I'm honored to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel very honoured to have one of my cards chosen by The Paper Players. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for choosing my card as A Cut Above this week Sandie and thanks for the kind comments from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the Headliner award! I'm so excited to have found your challenge site - it's full of so much fabulous inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I am so excited and very honored my card has been chosen by The Paper Players! Thank you so much for choosing me and thank you for the wonderful challenges every week, love playing at the paper players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Lesley, for choosing my card! I'm happy to enable any time:-) I'm honored to be chosen with all of the great entries! They were all terrific! Thanks again for a fun and inspiring challenge!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!