Saturday, June 11, 2011

Challenge #50 : Kind Thanks Winners

Hi everyone! LeAnne here! I really loved seeing all your "Kind Thanks" creations this week! I hope you found someone to send your card to as well! It's not much good just sitting on your desk! Now let's see the projects that caught the eyes of the other designers:



Nance's choice - Carrie

I love a good clean-and-simple thank you card and Carrie's cheerful color combination, unique layout and joyful stamp selection caught my eye right away! Love the modern, fresh take on the trio of primary colors and how she used the new pennant die to frame the focal piece. Her coloring is perfect and the simple button sentiment adds just the right dimension. All-around just a fabulous card! Congratulations, Carrie you're A Cut Above!

Ann's Choice - Christy Q.


What a fabulous potpourri of techniques are used on this card by Christy! The serene color combination is perfect for showcasing the quilting with the polka dot embossing. The ribbon treatment is stunning, and who can overlook those glorious Pearls! Of course, the windowpane accenting the sentiment is the perfect touch! Congratulations, Christy for being my choice for A Cut Above.


Guest Designer Cindy's Choice -Marisa


I was immediately drawn to Marisa's card with soft colors, and delightful textures all wrapped up in gorgeous vintage style. Marisa's attention to intricate details and her wonderfully shabby embellishments make this one stunningly beautiful card! I especially love the way she crimped the heart and the sweet addition of butterflies, lace, pearls and a sweet crinkly bow. Congratulations, Marisa, for being my choice for A Cut Above!


Sandra's Choice - Joanna

Inspired by Stampin'


It was so hard to pick just one card in my first week of being a Summer Design Team Member but Joanna's card really stood out to me. I really love everything about this card! The beautiful soft colours, stitching, lace and the touch of pearls all combine to make a stunning, vintage style card. Congratulations, Joanna for being my choice for A Cut Above!



Lisa's card caught my eye this week! This card has so many lovely details; the lace ribbon punch, the beautiful ribbon treatment, the carefully coloured chair image on the circle, the flagged sentiment and the pretty colours! I just loved everything about her extra special thank you creation and she coloured the corduroy button with her espresso marker! So cool! Congratulations on being my choice for Cut Above this week Lisa!!


Lauri's Choice


Well for my first week choosing, it was so difficult!! Thanks to everyone for entering and for all the inspiration! Jen's card stood out for me for many reasons. The Butterfly and her rock and roll technique is gorgeous! This unique color combination is displayed beautifully through the ribbon/button access and background stamps. Congratulations Jen! You are my choice for a Cut Above this week!


Jaydee's Choice

I loved the color choices of Nicole's card; the bold, multi-layered butterfly; the repetition of circles on the DSP and the fabulous pearls. I also loved that Nicole placed the butterfly in the stamped frame. There were wonderful touches of vintage, but the card was bold with clean lines - a fabulous combination. The final touch for me? The little bit of ribbon that made the antennae of the butterfly. All round, this card was sheer gorgeousness! Nikki, congratulations on being my CUT ABOVE choice this week.


Anne Marie's Choice:


There were so manuy beautiful cards to choose from this week. Wow! I really like all of the beautiful details Diane added to her card, especially the fun way she created the flower vase. From the layered flowers, to the terrific textures...everything just pops off the white background of her card. So pretty! Congratulations Diane, on being my pick for A Cut Above this week!


And finally, my choice:


LeAnne's Choice - Susie


It was very hard to come up with one single card I liked, since there were so many great ones in the gallery this week! But Susie's card appealed to that sewing gene that I have! (I think she & I have a lot of things in common!) The colors she used really appeal to me and I love how she gussied up her little dress form with some tulle; the stitching is perfect, her embellishments are sweet, and the stamped tape measure sealed the deal. Just a yummy little piece of thankfulness! Congratulations, Susie, you're the Headliner this week!


7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beauties! Congratulations to all winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrat's to all the winners, great looking cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to all the winners....and thank you to all the submitters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thank you so much for this honor, Ann! Your style inspired me to create this card so it is an honor to be "A Cut Above" this week and to be selected by you since you are one of my stamping icons. Congratulations to the other "A Cut Above" winners and the "Headliner" - everyone's cards are beautiful. It was a great challenge, LeAnne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for selecting my card, Christy! I've been out and about all day and just now checking my Reader and you made my evening :) Congrats to all the winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Thank you so much Lesley!! I'm SO honored! Congrats to all the other winners too! SO many beautiful cards!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow! Thank you SO very much LeAnne! I'm so honored that you chose my card for the Headliner this week :)
    Congratulations to all of the other winners, too. There were so many beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!