Saturday, May 21, 2011

Challenge #46 Color Challenge Winners

Despite the rocky start with the infamous Blogger meltdown, everyone rocked Ann's Color Challenge #46--using the challenge colors in a variety of creative ways! Thank you for inspiring us with both masculine AND feminine projects using Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy and Early Espresso. Let's take a look at the Design Team favorites!

A Cut Above:

Lesley's Choice-
Christy Q of Schnauzer Crafts
I chose Christy's card because of the clean lines and the interesting brads she used on the side of the card! The embossed background looks amazing while the simple sentiment, done off center with another small brad, allowed the beautiful main image to stand out! An awesome card for any man!

Nance's Choice - Cindy of Creations by Cindy
I chose Cindy's card because I love the fact that she made a feminine card with this week's colors! I love the wheeled stitches, the faux stitching and those sweet little buttons. Cindy, for thinking outside the box this week, you're my choice for A Cut Above!
LeAnne's Choice - Tui Nathan of Stampin Time
The clean simplicity of this card is already appealing to me, but Tui added just the right embellishments to step it up and make it even more fun and interesting! She employed the "rule of three" with her three little stairstep stems as well as the bow, the brad and the vellum banner. Mounting it on the Early Espresso card base, leaving a broad border, frames the whole creation perfectly! Love it! Congratulations on being my Cut Above, Tui!

Anne Marie's Choice: Tara Bilbao of Tara Bee Ink
I really liked how Tara showcased the color combo with her clean design and beautiful mix of textures. The soft distressing around the edges is the perfect finishing touch on this fantastic Congrats card. Congratulations to YOU Tara, on being my pick this week for A Cut Above!

Jaydee's Choice -
I loved that Sandra's clean and simple layout was so full of texture and the bike image absolutely popped off the page. The twine, distressed edges and fabulous coloring all worked together to produce a card that was simple in layout, but stunning in execution. Absolutely fabulous! Congratulations, Sandra on being my CUT ABOVE this week.

Rita's Choice - Heidi of Stuck on Stampin'

I was drawn to Heidi's beautiful card as soon as I saw it.  I love that she was able to make a gorgeous neutral card with some very masculine colors.  Her details are great from seam binding to the scallop border...it just all goes together so perfectly.  The clip is my favorite part.  It is perfect paired with the "note" part of the sentiment.  Congratulations, Heidi!

The Headliner:
Ann's Choice -
From the texture to the twine, this masculine card by Julie Gearinger is right up my alley! I love how she masked the moon, and then matted the image circle upon both Not Quite Navy and Early Espresso. The stamping behind the sentiment sets it off perfectly, while the paper snipped anchor ties the image and sentiment together. Congratulations, Julie for being this week's Headliner!

Thank you to everyone who participated in this week's challenge. We hope you join us tomorrow for Nance Leedy's fabulous sketch challenge! See you then!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for choosing my card as the Headliner this week! It is such an honor and congratulations to all of the Cut Above selections- they are absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Julie on making the Headliner ... your card is absolutely beautiful, I love all the different elements and techniques you have used to create a great card!!!
    Congratulations to all the Cut Above selections, your creations are all wonderful!!!
    And, finally thank you to the DT for selecting my card as a Cut Above ... I am truly grateful and will relish this honour!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Julie, on being Headliner! Your card is absolutely gorgeous and I loved it from the moment I saw it in the gallery. And congratulations to all of the Cut Above recipients - all of the cards are beautiful and the recipients will love them. Finally, my thank you to Lesley for picking me as "A Cut Above" - it is truly an honor and one I will treasure. Thank you! And thank you to The Paper Players for a great challenge site, I love playing along each week that I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all of you chosen for "A Cut Above", and also to the Headliner winner, Julie! I am so honored to be in a group of such beautiful cards! Thank you to Rita for choosing my card! I look forward to playing along again!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!