Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fun with Fabric Challenge #36 Winners

Happy Winner day Paper Players! Your hostess, Nance, here. Thanks to all of our adventurous participants who delighted us with their fabric and ribbon creations. We are so grateful you play with us each week. Without further delay, here are the Design Team's selections for A Cut Above:



Ann's Choice: Lynn

I know, I know...the vintage gal picks a fabulous Clean and Simple card! But how could I resist this beauty by Lynn? The texture is classy, and the result is an elegant, yet "rustic" card that could be sent to anyone. The button with twine adds the perfect touch. Congratulations, Lynn!

LeAnne's Choice - Sara

I thought Sara's choice to use strips of ribbon to create a background for her butterfly focal image was a really sweet idea! She matched her colors so nicely and the glittery background was a fun touch, too. Congrats, Sara!


Jaydee's choice: Cindy Beach

I love repetitions on cards - and Cindy did this so beautifully with this circular card. The buttons, the scalloped border, the scalloped element and even the scalloped edge on the tag brough the circles on the background fabric together. The vertical and horizontal elements helped to draw the eye naturally to the button the the sentiment. Loved it! Congratulations, Cindy!


Stephanie's Choice - Marlene Peters

I love Marlene's choice of colors, fabric and the layout. The perfect touch was the big multi-layered flower in the center, and who couldn't love the fabric Designer Brad! Great Job Marlene!


Kerin's Choice - Sandy Dixon

I adore all of the special elements on Sandy's unique wedding card, from the scallop border with bling, to perfectly ruffled ribbon, to the fabulous frame around the sentiment. Great job Sandy, congrats!

Lesley's Choice: Debbie's Dabbles

This fabulous card by Debbie is full of clever and imaginative touches that I think make this card a stand out! I especially like the flare of blue material at the bottom of the card and the rough exposed edges of the material that covers the card base! I also love blues and this card shows how pretty different blues can be when they are put together! Congratulations Debbie!


And my choice for our Headliner is:

Elizabeth Price: Seeing Ink Spots

Isn't this a fun use of fabric on a card? Elizabeth's color combination caught my eye and I love how she has layered the gathered Sweet Stitches fabric on top of the striped ribbon. The pink owl is so cute and the little details like the flower brad, rhinestone and banner sentiment just make it even more special. Congratulations Elizabeth!

We hope to see all of you back tomorrow when LeAnne has a Theme Challenge that is sure to brighten your day. See you tomorrow, friends!

7 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled that my card was a Cut Above! It's so much fun to play with your inspiring challenges and talented team. You made my day, thanks!
    I love the way you explain the reasons you chose each card, they are all beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all the winners--wonderful projects. Thank you for sharing with us!--Nance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to everyone! So many beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Such an honor to be named A Cut Above! Thanks Ann - and ladies. This is always such a fun challenge.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thank you LeAnne for picking my card as A Cut Above. It's definitely an honor! Glad I found The Paper Players. Congrats to all the winners this week!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was enjoying seeing the winners and saying to myself "oo that's a good one, oh I like that, that one is gorgeous..." I thought there were so many fabulous cards and then I saw mine was the headliner. I couldn't believe it! Thanks to all of you for such a fun challenge and making today awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the cut above pick Stephanie! This challenge came at just the right time for me. Congrats to the other winners. Fab cards.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!