Saturday, September 25, 2010

Winners for Challenge 16-A Sketch

WOW!  Another terrific week of card making here at the Paper Players Challenge blog!  Thank you to everyone who joined us and played with the sketch.  We loved all the submissions for this week's Sketch Challenge!  Everyone on the Design Team at the Paper Players gets the chance to choose their favourite for the week!  The person hosting the the challenge for the week, gets to choose the Headliner.  Usually we post the Headliner first but we have decided to change things up a bit and have posted our Cut Above Winners first! 

The Cut Aboves for this week are:

LeAnne's Choice: Shelley at Shelley's Creations

If I could, I would own every Halloween stamp there is--obviously, I can't do that, so I enjoy them vicariously through others' cards! This is such a cute way to highlight the images in this set, so it was my choice for this week! Just love all the fun spookiness!

Ann's Choice: Carrie Gaskin

Vintage style and creativity abound in this stunning creation by Carrie Gaskin, making it my pick this week! I love how Carrie made the sketch her own! Adding three different elements into her ruffled crocheted lace trim, maintained the integrity of the sketch, while the layered sentiment perfectly complimented the floral image! The Artistic Avenger strikes again with another work of beauty!

Jaydee's choice: Anne Marie's Bag Therapy

There were so many great cards again this week..... but... I just couldn't resist the sentiment or the subject matter! Like Anne Marie, I have a "little" collection of bags! I loved Anne Marie's use of punches, brads and the Greenhouse Gala DSP. The Paper Piecing was perfect.

 Nance's choice: Tracey Parrot

There is a lot to love about Tracey's card but the color combination and the leaves on the squares caught my eye right away.  I love how she modified the sketch with the leaves and the browns and blues are so rich for an autumn card.  Lastly, the leaf from French Foliage looks fantastic on the die cut.  Kudos, Tracey!

So now for our Headliner...

Lesley's Choice: Carrie Gaskin

I also chose Carrie Gaskin's beautiful vintage creation as my favourite this week!  Her clever way of representing the three elements on the right side of the card and the vibrant colours made me stop and say "Wow!"  Congratulations Carrie on your double win this week!

To our Winners this week, please grab your winner badges from the left hand side of our blog for your blog!

To all our participants this week, thank you for joining us!  Tomorrow we have a great Inspiration Challenge from LeAnne....that is both sweet and colourful!  Please check back here tomorrow for some more fun from the Paper Players!

Smiles,
Lesley

2 comments:

  1. WOW - thank you all so much for your extremely kind comments! I'm very glad you liked my take on the sketch and again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Carrie on her gorgeous card! Thanks so much for the "Cut Above" shout out, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!