Saturday, August 27, 2011

Challenge #60 - CAS Sketch - Winners


Hi everyone, LeAnne here again!  I was thrilled to see how many people participated in the sketch challenge this week!  I read lots of positive commentand hope you'll find this sketch one you go to many times!  I only wish I could pick everyone's as a winner--it is so difficult to choose just one!  But first, let's see which cards caught the eyes of the designers.  Here are our Cut Above selections:

Lauri's Pick:  Debbie


I love the Day of Gratitude set, and when you pair it with Autumn colors you have a great card!  Debbie is my pick this week for a Cut Above because of her Clean and Simple interpretation of the sketch, along with a wonderful choice of colors.  Her upside down ribbon is a great finishing touch!  Congratulations to Debbie for being my choice this week for a Cut Above!

Ann's Pick:  Connie


When I saw this card by the talented Connie Babbert, I was in awe of her creativity and interpretation of the sketch.  I love how she cleverly used the Doily Triple Layer Punch to create this trio of fall trees!  Aren't the little "punchlet" fallen leaves just the cutest things! The Baker's Twine and the torn edges are the icing on the cake! Congratulations, Connie, for being my choice for A Cut Above!

Sandra's Pick: Narelle



With so many fantastic cards to choose from, it was so hard to just pick one but I kept being drawn to Narelle's gorgeous CAS Christmas card. There are so many things to love about this card! The beautiful monotone colours, curled corner, pearls and ruffled ribbon all add to the elegant feel. Congratulations, Narelle on being my choice for a Cut Above this week! 

Anne Marie's Pick: Susan Joyce


Susan's "fun in the sun" card card immediately caught my eye this week! The color combo is so perfect to showcase those cute images and I just love the beach scene she created. Those little stamped feet are so stinkin' cute! The pop of bling on the flip flops and that adorable hat on the "beach babe" are the perfect touch, too. Congratulations, Susan on being my choice for a Cut Above this week! 

Nance's choice: Sue Rowe

Sue's gorgeous card kept my attention for her elegant color scheme and fabulous use of bold designer paper.  I think many of us struggle to use bold patterns but Sue made hers shine by keeping the colors simple and the layout clean.  The distressed flowers are the perfect touch of texture and their pearl centers are fabulous!  It all adds up to one elegant and gorgeous card...congratulations Sue, you're my Cut Above!

Carrie's Choice: Torico

I fell in love with the colours of Torico's card. They are not the typical bold colours you see with Halloween images but subtle, soft and certainly autumnal. I loved her images of the three little mummies and cutting them out was the perfect "kapow" factor. Also, I am always hesitant to marry white and vanilla on the same card but I think by doing that she has made the mummies stand out and look like they are comin' to get 'cha! Torico, I love this card and I'm so thrilled to have you as my Cut Above this week!

Lesley's Choice: Shirley


I fell in love with Shirley's "cute" Halloween card...she does make cute stuff!  The simplicity of this card is what made it stand out for me.  Love the designer paper, love the colours and love the stamping!  What really makes her card so cool is the fabulous bow she created and the button, to add just the right amount of "eye candy" and to not overwhelmed the images or the designer paper.  A beautiful, clean design and one that I will be CASEing for sure!!  Congratulations Shirley!!!

Jaydee's Choice:  Jessica


I loved Jessica's crisp, clean card.  The Baker's twine reminded me of Candy Cane and really like that it runs all the way under the focal image.  The three Christmas trees in their individual circles are fabulous, but the center one, with it's shadow stamping, really pops from the page.  This clean and simple card - is simply stunning.  Congratulations, Jessica, on being my cut above this week.

And for our Headliner:

LeAnne's Choice:  Monika Davis


I kept returning to Monika's card because although she used only two stamps for her card, she used them in such a fun, creative, way, I had to keep looking at it over & over again!   She employed colors that were bold and yet still coordinated; she used a continuing circular theme with the embossing, the Circle Circus image, the word "GO", and the beadsand her clever ribbon treatment and little clip tied it all together!  CAS but very creative and eye-catching! Congratulations, Monika, on being my Headliner this week!

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to all the winners - all beautiful cards and so inspiring! It was so much fun to see all the cards in the gallery this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks this week, congratulations to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to everyone---you all made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all of the winners! You all did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thank you for the honor of choosing my card! I'm delighted to be one of the "winners"! Congrats to all the other winners...all were awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lauri for the kind words and congrats to everyone that was picked. LeAnne, such a great sketch and the design team all did a wonderful job, great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for choosing my card this week as A Cut Above! Congrats to all the winners as your cards are amazing. Cheers Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you soooo much for picking my card as A Cut Above! I really enjoyed this week's sketch and I'll go with it again and again:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that was a fabulous sketch and every card you showcased wa fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OM... Goosh Thank for all the kind words Lesley about my card, you are so sweet. And thank you Design Team for all the nice comments on my blog!! I am so happy I am jumping with Joy!! lol

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!